CMS Distribution are Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor and are a growing and successful business with 250 employees across 7 locations including offices in the UK, Ireland and Mainland Europe. Due to Company expansion and ambitious plans for 2017 we are looking to recruit a new IT Operations Manager to join our friendly and talented team of IT Professionals.
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date:31/3/2017
Why work for CMS Distribution?
Here at CMS Distribution we see a future where everyone knows that CMS connects the best technologies to the smartest customer. We encourage remarkable people to exceed expectations through the relentless pursuit of service excellence and the delivery of the most innovative technologies to our customers.
Why the role of IT Operations Manager is right for you?
This role is ideal for a leader with the perfect blend of technical knowledge and people skills who is results focused and gets objectives achieved.
Job Objectives of the IT Operations Manager
The IT Operations Manager will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across the IT Operational area encompassing Service Desk, Infrastructure, Networks, Desktop Support, and Telecommunications.
Working within an ITIL framework the IT Operations Manager will ensure that agreed SLA’s are adhered to and that systems are performing, maintained and secured according to departmental standards.
The IT Operations Manager will develop and manage a team of technical employees who will be responsible for delivering the Groups growth strategy.
Full Job description available on request.
This role is offering a competitive package with a bonus and additional benefits such as Private pension, Life Cover, Staff discounts and BUPA.
Skills Required of an IT Operations Manager:
- Experience of managing cross site technical teams
- Experience in strategic planning, execution and managing strategic change delivery programmes
- Exception customer service and communication skills
- Experience of managing infrastructure outsource providers
- Experience implementing and managing ITIL aligned teams
- Experience managing an IT Service Management Tool (ITSM)
- Experience implementing Information Secuirty programmes based on ISO27001
- Experience in managing technical teams in the areas of ;
- Data Networking (LAN, WAN)
- IP based telephony deployments
- Desktop technologies
- Infrastructure management / Data Centre operations
- Service Desk implementation and management
- Experience of IT security devices including firewalls and secure gateways
- Experience maintaining SAP platforms is desired but not essential
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Significant experience defining IT strategies and supporting budgets
Why is Harrogate the ideal place to base your career?
Harrogate consistently is voted one of the happiest place to live in Britain and this beautiful spa town is undoubtedly one of the most desirable places in the country. With its Turkish baths, floral gardens and surrounded by some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery it is a great place to live and work. Trendy Victorian shops, outdoor cafes and great location between Leeds and York it is the ideal place to base your career. Full of character with the North York Moors on the doorstep why would you not want to work here?
If you are interested in the role of IT Operations Manager then send your CV and a covering letter to our Recruitment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org