CMS Distribution are Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor and are a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. Due to Company expansion and ambitious plans in 2017 we are looking to recruit a new SAP Technical & Functional Lead.
Our Mission is to help our customers grow their business and our vision is to become the Number 1 value-added technology distributor in Europe.
Job Title: SAP Technical & Functional Lead.
Job Type: Permanent
How You Can Make A Difference In This Role?
This role gives you the opportunity for expert level solution design, configuration, development, deployment and maintenance as required.You will be part of a small team of professional technical experts configuring and developing the SAP systems for continuous operational improvements, maximising business value and supporting business transformation and ever changing requirements .You will own and resolve complex support issues and work with our operations team to address complex business challenges/demands.
You will have a proven track record of Customizing and Development combined with the ability to demonstrate expert level configuration in at least one SAP module and exceptional ABAP development skills.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- SAP Change Delivery: Configuration, Development and integration
- Developing changes and improvements to the SAP systems
- SAP configuration and customizing
- SAP development in PI and ABAP
- Key team member in projects for system changes
- Change request analysis and solution design
- Regular collaboration with operations team
- Regular collaboration with third party SAP specialists
- Involvement in test script creation and execution
- Facilitate issue resolution during testing process
- Operate as the internal SAP expert of ABAP Development and configuration
- Support 3rd line resolution of complex issues or business requirements
- Supporting the first and second line teams with SAP issues
- Managing issues through to resolution
- Engaging and coordinating issues with third-party support partners
Key Measures of Performance:
- Delivery on the key responsibilities & accountabilities.
- Timely resolution of project activities and complex support tickets in line with SLA
- Quality and integrity of program code and configuration
Skills Required for a Technical & Functional Lead in the SAP Team.
- Excellent SAP development skills
- SAP ABAP, IDOC, BDOC, FM, ALE, Forms etc.
- SAP CRM: WebUI, LORD
- Customizing in SAP ECC and/or SAP CRM
- Complete understanding of SPRO, transport landscape, system SLD
- Recognised expert in one or more of the following modules: SD/MM/PP/FI/CO
- CRM configuration skills in sales and service
Required Experience & Knowledge.
- 3 Years working in SAP configuration and development
- General IT knowledge and skills including use of Microsoft Office
- 3rd Line Support – Incident Investigation & Resolution
- Comfortable using any IT helpdesk system and project system
Required Personal Attributes.
- Limited travel within UK and Ireland.
- Good communicator.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Passionate about technology
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Highly motivated and work well as part of a team
- Keen to continually expand your knowledge and skills.
- Confidence to integrate yourself within an established team.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
Why is Harrogate the ideal place to base your career?
Harrogate was recently voted one of the happiest place to live in Britain and this beautiful spa town is one of the most desirable places in the country. With it’s Turkish baths, floral gardens and surrounded by some of the UK’s most beautiful scenery it is a great place to live and work. Trendy Victorian shops, outdoor cafes and great location between Leeds and York it is the ideal place to base your career. Full of character with the North York Moors on the doorstep why would you not want to work here?
If you are interested in the role of Technical & Functional Lead in the SAP Team, send your CV and a covering letter to our Recruitment Manager at email@example.com