How RAM helps them overcome the top 5 workload constraints
In a recent Spiceworks survey of over 350 IT decision-makers, 47% noted that they planned to add more server memory in the coming year, even though half of all their servers were already running at the maximum installed memory capacity.* These findings make sense given how memory uniquely helps overcome the top 5 workload constraints that IT decision-makers noted in the survey.
The top 5 workload constraints and how to help your customers overcome them
The benefits of Crucial® server memory
- The fastest, easiest, most dependable way to increase server performance
- Compatible with OEM servers and manufacturer warranties
- Quality-tested to mission-critical server standards
- 100% component and module tested
- Micron quality – a higher level of reliability
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty and the Reliance Program**
- Available in DDR to DDR4 memory technology in all form factors
Questions to help start the conversation
- What are your top server workload constraints?
- Which aspects of your workload are CPU or memory-dependent? How important are these applications?
- What percent of your servers are operating at the maximum memory limit?
- What steps are you taking to fully optimise the performance of every CPU core?
More memory allows your customers to use fewer servers – and accomplish more
Since memory is what feeds processing cores, it’s one of the most effective and affordable ways to improve CPU utilisation and efficiency. When CPUs are fully utilised, your customers are able to use fewer servers to accomplish more. And since fewer servers keeps power, cooling, and software licensing costs lower, it’s one of the best ways to cut costs and overcome workload constraints.
*Data from March 2016 survey of 353 IT decision-makers in the U.S., U.K., Germany and France, with respondents split evenly by region. Survey conducted by Spiceworks.
**Reliance Program benefits may vary and are only available to qualified customers in select regions.
For more information about the range of Crucial memory available from CMS Distribution, please speak to your account manager.