Iomega 35964 2TB StorCenter px4-300d 4 Bay Desktop NAS
This product is no longer available (EOL, End-of-Life)
Manufacturer product ID: 35964
UPC Code: UPC742709359644
Box quantity: 1*
Interface: Ethernet: RJ-45
Weight (Kg): 7.00
Warranty period: 36 Months
The Iomega StorCenter px4-300d NAS, Server Class Series are true business class desktop devices, ideal for SMBKey Features
- Desktop form factor
- Intel Atom Dual Core CPU at 1.8GHz with 2GB RAM
- 4 x 3.5” Hot swap SATA-II Server Class SATA hard disk drives
- RAID Levels: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (hot spare)
- 1 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0 ports
The Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Network Storage, Server Class Series are true business class desktop devices, ideal for small-to medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprise locations like branch and remote offices, for content sharing and data protection. Powered by EMC® storage technology and with up to 12TB of storage capacity, including a diskless option, the StorCenter devices are better, faster and more reliable for your mission critical data.
- Capacity: 0 – 12TB. 4 x SATA HDD bays. Empty bays are fitted with a drive carrier. Carrier can accommodate 2.5” and 3.5” drives. Drives are available from Iomega or may be purchased from the approved vendor list.
- Server Class hard drives are used to ensure higher reliability and performance. These drives are designed to better handle rotational vibration and continuous operation for mission critical applications. Ideal for video surveillance applications
- SSD Support: For IO intensive applications, the px4-300d can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance.
- RAID Support: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (hot spare), all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. JBOD mode also available.
- Network File Protocols Supported: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS. Includes support for SCSI-3 persistent reservations
- Server Class Hard Drives
- Solid state drives (optional)
- Dual core Intel Atom Processor
- 2GB memory
- Dual GbE NICs
- Flexible Configurations:
- Diskless option, bring your own drives
- Storage pools with RAID expansion, migration and hot spares
- Advanced RAID levels including Hot Spare
- Server-class Pedigree: Certified for VMware® vSphere 4.0, Citrix® XenServer™, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2. EMC E-Lab tested
- Business-Class Features: Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration support
- Advanced Networking Capabilities:
- NIC bonding for failover and load balancing including 802.3ad link aggregation.
- Jumbo frame support for 4000 and 9000 byte payloads.
- VLAN Tagging capability to IEEE 802.1Q standard.
- iSCSI persistent reservations for clustered Microsoft environments.
- Data Replication/Device to Device Data Copy Jobs:
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share - including Iomega Personal Cloud locations - using the rsync or CIFS protocol
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data Organization and Access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Power Savings:
- Automatic hard drive spin-down assures the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Scheduled Power: Automatically power on or turn off your Iomega StorCenter at a pre-selected time schedule
- Wake-On-LAN: Powers on your Iomega StorCenter when a “magic-packet” wake-up signal is sent over the network.(Wake-On-LAN magic packet application not included)
- Print Server: Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter px4-300d.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- Configuration Backup and Restore: allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and Share names and permissions.
- System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the Iomega StorCenter system.
- Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter px4-300d.
- Data Protection Software: Iomega’s QuikProtect™ backup software is available for download.
- Iomega® Personal Cloud: Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter™ Network Storage Array devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.
- Warranty: 3 year limited warranty (with product registration)
- Iomega StorCenter devices are certified for Citrix® XenServer™ 5.6, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2, VMware® vSphere 5.0 which makes them the most cost-effective solution for server virtualization.
- Video Surveillance Camera:
- Built in support for up to 10 UPnP (universal plug and play) network cameras by Axis, Bosch, and Panasonic to capture and store video without the need of a dedicated PC. IP cameras from other manufacturers can record to a Share, but are not automatically discovered. Video is encoded as MPEG-4. Support for high-definition (720p) and configurable resolution settings.
- Embedded Axis Video Hosting System solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
- Combines StorCenter’s smart storage with leading video management systems MindTree® or EMC® Lifeline Native App for an integrated all-in-one solution.
- Powerful Backup Functionality:
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today’s most common backup software applications.
- Symantec Backup: Iomega StorCenter network storage products are identified as compatible disk targets for Backup Exec software
- Iomega Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the px4-300d.
- Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect™ to replicate data from your px4-300d to your public cloud account.
- Cloud Disaster Recovery: Utilize two px4-300d devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
- +Atmos Cloud Folder Mirroring: With Atmos enabled by a service provider, single folders on your Iomega StorCenter device can be mirrored to Atmos.
- Deduplicating Backup with EMC Avamar – With Avamar support on the px4-300d, users have the industry's first storage product that natively supports EMC's industry-leading Avamar sub-file deduplication for remote office/branch office (ROBO) backup.
- Apple® Time Machine™ backup: Compatible backup target
- Total Data Protection:
- Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- Encrypted Volume: Allows you to create an encrypted volume with an assigned password; thus securing the data on the encrypted volume.
- User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
- RSA® BSAFE® technology protects installs and upgrades. Data Protection Software: Iomega’s QuikProtect™ backup software is available for download.
The IomegStorCente px4-300d Network Storage has received the following certifications:
- VMware vSphere™ 5.0, iSCSI
- Windows® Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, and 2008 R2 including Microsoft® Cluster Server and Hyper-V Live Migration.
- XenServer™, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS
- Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Network Storage
- Ethernet cable
- Power supply
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- Solutions CD with:
- Iomega Storage Manager software
- User Help Documentation
*Box quantity refers to the number of units contained in this product's outer packaging. It does not refer to the number of products purchased for the quoted unit price unless otherwise stated.