Browse Product Categories
- Flash Memory
- NAS Enclosures
- NAS Solutions
- RAID Arrays
- Tablet PC
UPS and Racks
- Power Supplies
- Security and Environmental monitoring
- Surge protection and power conditioning
- Uninterrruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Tape Autoloaders
- Tape Drives
- Tape Libraries
- Tape Media
Peripherals & Accessories
- Consumer Electronics
- Laptop Bags and Cases
- Security & Surveillance
Y-Cam YCK004 Knight S Night Vision IP Camera
This product is no longer available (EOL, End-of-Life)
Manufacturer product ID: YCK004
EAN Code: EAN5060158900206
Box quantity: 12*
Interface: Ethernet: RJ-45
Weight (Kg): 0.82
Warranty period: 12 Months
Easy to install, simple to operate, the high-performance Y-cam Knight S camera operates independently.Key Features
- Infra-red night vision
- Mobile viewing via iPhone and other MJPEG / 3GPP devices
- Wireless connectivity
- Motion detection with e-mail and FTP alerts
- PC and Mac compatible
View and hear, in real time, from anywhere in the world, via any internet-enabled computer or phone, in full colour and with infrared nightvision.
Using built-in movement sensors, the camera can instantly email you or upload snapshots, or video, to a website if motion is detected.
The Y-cam Knight S is the perfect continuous surveillance solution for home or business security, and can even operate outdoors using a Y-cam Shell.
Infrared Night Vision
The Y-cam Knight S utilises 30 infrared LEDs to provide high levels of “invisible” light in dark environments. The intelligent photosensitive components can automatically turn on the LEDs in low light conditions or the user can select “moonlight view” which superimposes frames together to increase brightness.
With support for MJPEG and 3GPP the camera provides a live view for multiple platforms, including mobile devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry. The Y-cam’s live stream can be viewed using any mobile phone that can play VLC-compatible streams, such as Quicktime and RealPlayer.
Freedom to place the camera where required. With wireless wi-fi built-in (802.11b/g) connect to your camera from your wireless enabled computer, meaning there’s no need for wires running around your property. Y-cam also supports WEP, WPA, WPA2 for total connection security.
Email and FTP alerts
The Y-cam comes with useful alarm tools that will keep you notified if any motion is detected. It has built-in functions that can automatically send an email to you, or upload the video or images straight to a FTP server, meaning that your data will be safely stored offsite.
PC and Mac Compatible
The Y-cam is fully compatible with both PC and Apple Macintosh computers across multiple web browsers. Mac users can now view live video with audio (using QuickTime), control the motion detection settings within a browser (using Adobe Flash), take snapshots from the live feed, and also record footage locally (using QuickTime Pro).
If the Y-cam detects movement in its field of vision, it can automatically send an e-mail alert notifying the owner that motion has been detected, with an attached image of the scene. Unlike conventional activity detection, the Y-cam uses vector information to detect motion, therefore achieving better reliability against false alarms.
Make sure your camera is secure using the Y-cams secure password authentication. Connect your camera to the internet or only on your local network, via network cable or WiFi, using powerful encryption methods such as WEP, WPA and WPA2, allowing you to be sure your cameras are only accessed by authorised users.
Image device - 1/4" CMOS
Pixels - 310,000
White Balance, Exposure, Gain - Auto
Viewing angle - Horizontal: 53.4°, Vertical: 40.0°
Focal length - f=2.5mm
Aperture - F2.0
Min illumination - 1.0 Lux (0 Lux in night vision mode)
Infrared LED - 30
Night Vision Distance* - 12-15m
Image compression - MPEG-4, MJPEG
Max frame rate - 30fps @ 640x480
Audio compression - AMR (4.75-12.2Kbps), G.726 (40/32/24/16Kbps)
Built-in microphone - Yes
Authentication - 2 levels, up to 64 users, 16 simultaneous
Network protocols - TCP,UDP,IP,ARP,ICMP,DHCP,DNS,HTTP,FTP,SMTP,NTP, PPPoE,UPnP,DDNS
Stream type - HTTP, RTSP/RTP/RTCP, 3GPP, ASF
Network connection - Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
Wireless technology - IEEE802.11b/g
Frequency - 2.412-2.462GHz
Transmission speed - Auto Switch up to 54Mbps
Security - WEP (64/128 bit), WPA-PSK (AES/TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES/TKIP)
- Power requirements - DC 5V
- Power consumption - 3.75W
- Operating temperature - -5 to +45°C (+22 to +113°F)
- Storage temperature - -20 to +60°C (-4 to +140°F)
- Operating humidity - 20-80%RH (Non-condensing)
- Storage humidity - 20-95%RH (Non-condensing)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 85mm x 85mm x 30mm
- Weight - 150g (Main Body)
- Supplied accessories - AC Adaptor (x1), Quick Start Guide (x1), CD-ROM inc. Setup Software &
- User Manual (x1), Stand (x1), Network Cable (x1)
Minimum PC System Requirements
- Operating system - Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Processor - Intel Pentium III, 1GHz
- Memory - 256Mb RAM
Minimum Mac System Requirements
- Operating system - Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
- Processor - 800MHz - PowerPC G4 or Intel
- Memory - 128Mb RAM (256Mb recommended)
Viewing System Requirements
- Web Browser Setup/Viewing - Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later, Mozilla Firefox,
- Google Chrome, Safari & most other browsers
- Mobile Phone Viewing - 3GPP player, VLC, Real Player, QuickTime and most other VLC players.
- Y-cam Mobile Live Images feed can be viewed via most internet enabled devices
- Broadband connection with at least 128kb/s upload recommended for Internet viewing.
- This Y-cam is for indoor use only (unless used with the Y-cam Shell external housing unit)
*Box quantity refers to the number of units contained in this product's outer packaging. It does not refer to the number of products purchased for the quoted unit price unless otherwise stated.