Business Development Manager
CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for sales and brand building. To actively introduce, promote and be an ambassador of our own brand products, for driving growth to new and existing customers across our Group. These brands will be an integral part of our product proposition into CE consumer customers. The BDM is responsible for the sales performance of own brand products and being the go to for sales teams across the group, providing a platform to sales for maximising revenue & margin and more importantly GP.
- 5 years Product Sales Manager/Business Development experience with an understanding and experience of the CE channel and doing business in the Far East
- Strong Experience in budget management.
- Experience in sourcing and own brand product development
- Excellent motivational and leadership qualities with a passion to achieve exceptional results.
- Strong commercial awareness, with good business sense, that will seek ways to improve overall business performance.
- Excellent communication/influencing skills – ability to communicate eloquently in both written and verbal formats, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Ambitious and keen to take on responsibility in an organisation that provides a high level of autonomy and individual responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve/exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets by driving the brand awareness with the sales team and customers.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with the internal stakeholders in the FE and the sales teams and customers, driving the sales into the key accounts and driving growth, customer breadth and brand awareness to achieve/exceed targets.
- Develop and implement best practices to maximise pipeline creation, customer conversion rates, forecasting accuracy, and cross-functional collaboration from vendor to customer.
- Coordinate regular brand/range overviews to sales teams.
- Take ownership for discussing and agreeing quarterly business plans and provide regular performance updates.
- Work alongside the CMS sales teams to identify and introduce new product categories to new and existing customers and to grow into new markets.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the top customers and ensure they are provided with accurate proposals, collateral and other information as required.
- Constantly improve knowledge and understanding of the markets which we operate in for the product category.
- Identify market trends & outlooks to provide confidence for making strategic business decisions.
- Identify potential product, technologies that would complement the current range and add value to the vendor portfolio
- Take responsibility for coordinating all Vendor rebates and sell through of aged stock.
- Ability to set pricing strategies and maximising profit where possible.
- Train and enable the European sales team to a high standard of product knowledge.
- Attend appropriate shows and exhibitions representing CMS and the vendors within the UK and Europe.
Interested candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org