CMS Distribution is a value-added IT distributor of business and consumer technology products. We create global markets for our 150+ manufacturers selling to corporate resellers, managed service providers, high street and online retailers.
Our 375 people help our customers grow their business from twelve locations in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, France, Australia, China and the US.
We are currently recruiting for a Client Manager with a proven track record in sales, product positioning and relationship building within the UK IT reseller channel. This role will be based in our Harrogate office.
This individual will successfully introduce, promote and be an ambassador for CMS’ vendor portfolio, for driving growth in new and existing CMS customers.
- Previous experience in an Account Management/ Sales Management/ Business Development role, with an understanding and experience of the UK VAR channel
- A passion for driving and delivering growth in current and new channels.
- Tenacious, target driven and results orientated.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate eloquently in both written and verbal formats, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Ambitious and keen to take on responsibility in an organisation that provides a high level of autonomy and individual responsibility.
- Excellent motivational and leadership qualities, with a passion to achieve exceptional results.
- Strong commercial awareness, with good business sense and will seek ways to improve overall business performance.
- Ability to set pricing strategies and maximising profit where possible.
- Experience and skilled in creating customer targets, incentives and rebate schemes
- Experience of customer tender contracts and securing exclusivity
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to manage own time effectively.
- Can demonstrate their ability to go the extra mile, to exceed expectations, conscientious and committed combined with flexibility in attitude and approach.
- Willing to travel to different sites, as required.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing business within agreed customer base by identifying new opportunities and collaborating with CMS Account and Product Management teams
- Improve key metrics within the named customers: Supplier rating, vendor market share, establishing new vendors and emerging technologies, site visits, collaborated vendor visits, tender lines won, CRM pipeline, influence and improve conversion rate of pipeline
- Understanding and managing the customer’s expectations of CMS as a supplier and collaborating across the Group to make sure CMS exceeds these.
- Work alongside the CMS Account Managers to identify and introduce new product categories to agreed customer base and to become established in new market sectors and verticals
- Organise and manage regular Business Reviews in agreed customer base. Take ownership for discussing and agreeing these business plans and provide regular performance updates.
- Identify market trends & outlooks to provide confidence for making strategic business decisions.
- Identify potential new vendors, categories and technologies that would complement the current range and add value to the vendor portfolio
- Train and enable the customers’ sales team to a high standard.
- Attend customer events and exhibitions, representing CMS and our vendors.
Interested candidates can send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org