CMS Distribution Ltd – COVID-19 – Business Continuity Statement.
As COVID-19 continues to spread globally, we are not only monitoring the most recent advice and guidance carefully but also working to ensure we have the right measures in place to support our employees, customers and vendors.
We are committed to supporting your business with the same level of service that we provide. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with updates as and when appropriate. If you have further questions not covered in the information below, please contact your CMS Distribution representatives.
COVID-19 – Current situation
- We have no reported positive cases of COVID-19 at our Global offices amongst our people, including our office in China.
Key Actions & Measures in place
- Monitoring: We are monitoring the situation daily for the safety of our people and customers.
- Business continuity: Our Business Continuity team is continually reviewing and monitoring the situation, providing direction and communications on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- Measures in place: The COVID-19 measures we have implemented are consistent with the advice from the Department of Health. These include but are not limited to:
- Internal Coronavirus Awareness training issued to all employees.
- Hourly handwashing on every site.
- Internal communications to our people to update them of the latest advice and guidance.
- We have established a Business Continuity team focused on monitoring and dealing with COVID-19 as it continues to develop.
- Controls in place for international travel, only business-critical domestic travel approved.
- Employee Assistance Programme is available to support employee wellbeing, and how to use the service has been communicated to all staff.
- Workplace communication channels have been bolstered to ensure open and continuous communications with our staff and clients globally.
- We have global and local plans in place to ensure service continuity.
- Please see details of additional measures in our distribution centres below:
- Where practical we are maintaining segregation of key resources and teams.
- Enhanced hourly site cleaning.
- Separation of delivery/collection drivers and CMS resources.
- Strict site entry and exit controls.
- Regular dialogue with our freight and parcel partners reviewing contingency measures.
Key Information for Clients & Suppliers
- For the latest updates on any planned events or training with us, please contact your account manager to discuss alternative arrangements.
Visiting CMS Sites
- As a Client or supplier, we respectfully ask that you contact your account manager before deciding to visit any of our premises.
- For assistance in contacting our teams, please refer to our contact page:https://www.cmsdistribution.com/contact/
- On UK Government recommendation, we have closed the London and Harrogate offices with all staff working from home with full access to our Customer Support Systems.
- Our Castleford operation is unable to work from home at this time, due to the nature of work carried out at this location. Furthermore, in response to the supply chain needs critical to the COVID-19 response, we will continue to operate under stringent measures in compliance to government social distancing and hygiene recommendations.
- Our Borehamwood location will also be open and run with minimal staff, in order to ensure that we can ship goods.
- We do already have staff who work remotely and therefore have remote working practices and tools in place.
- In the eventuality of any disruption, or further government guidance requiring further working from home, our colleagues will be able to maintain contact and service with you remotely using industry-standard applications we already have in place including Soft Phone, Zoom and Skype for Business.
Please check back with us regularly for the latest updates as we are continually monitoring and adapting to the evolving situation
If we can customise our service to you in these difficult times, please do get in touch with us and we would be happy to discuss your business needs.
Last Updated: 23rd March 2020