Facilities & Safety Coordinator ( FTC – 12 months)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a versatile Facilities & Safety Coordinator to join the Facilities team. The role will have a wide remit of responsibilities, which range from covering administration, coordinating all office facilities services at both Castleford and Harrogate sites and ensuring that the business’s H&S practices are adhered to by all employees. The successful candidate will need to be professional and approachable, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and they must be willing to travel when required.
The role will be based at our central distribution centre in Castleford, with occasional visits to other CMS sites based in the UK, Ireland, & Europe.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at grade C or above
- General administration experience is essential.
- Must be able to learn and grasp latest technology
- IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum required.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Facilities experience is also desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the business’s H&S policy and compliance practices.
- Monitor H&S practices in a Warehouse environment.
- Carry out regular risk assessments and audits and report back to the H&S Committee with findings.
- A proactive member of the H&S Committee.
- Ensuring fixtures and fittings are well maintained; report damage and maintenance requests were necessary and liaise with contractors to oversee repairs.
- Regularly carry out site audits and present finding to the Head of Facilities and Safety.
- Ensure that contractors are keeping to planned maintenance agreements.
- Assist in maintaining the Contractor / Supplier database and files.
- Look after stationery and business cards orders.
- Looking after fruit & milk deliveries for Castleford & Harrogate sites.
Pool Cars/ Fleet Management
- Managing pool car usage.
- Managing fleet cars, such as completing condition reports and booking maintenance/ services.
- Ensuring all drivers are fit to drive.
General Office Admin
- To be an integral part of the administration team and provide assistance to the Head of Facilities and Safety i.e. answering telephone calls; taking messages; meeting and greeting visitors; organising meetings and catering, etc.
- Coordinating company meetings and events.
- Communication and liaison with other admin team staff, sharing roles where current pressures dictate
- Overseeing paper, electronic filing and archiving for the office and maintaining local records
- Understand and assist with updating / maintaining the company’s internal databases.
- Greet all CMS visitors and ensure they sign in and out of the visitor’s book for accurate fire registry.
- Responsible for refreshment facilities and making sure they are well stocked and maintained.
- Maintaining the appearance of meeting rooms
- Maintain and update the meeting room calendars
- In-coming and out-going post management
- Proactively deal with main switchboard calls ensuring that all calls are filtered through accurately.
- Assist with keeping content on the company’s intranet up to date.
- Generate purchase Orders, using SAP system.
- Support the management of the Facilities Helpdesk.
- Excellent communication is necessary, to keep people updated on projects and policies
- Send out Facilities and Safety Update emails when required
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com