CMS Distribution is Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China.
Purpose of the Role
The Marketing Manager will be the energy and the driving force to motivate and lead the dynamic marketing team. This role will be responsible for coaching and encouraging individuals and the team to attain the highest possible levels of performance. We are seeking an individual who has a positive attitude to challenges and change and a can-do style of working. Creation of an environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
The position is critical to the overall success of CMS, where by using a teamwork approach, they maximize the productivity of the Marketing department to support the achievement of the business objectives. A strong element of this role is around the commercial function alongside individual and team development.
- 3-5 years experience in successfully managing people and teams to achieve consistently high performance.
- Experience within IT channel or marketing agency background
- Great understanding of the latest B2B marketing trends
- A strong team player, collaborator and communicator who can lead from the front.
- Self-starting, positive attitude and highly motivated
- Confident with numbers and data analytics. Working with data from multiple sources and the ability to analyse them which enables commercial and strategic decisions to be made.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to manage own time and team’s time effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally & written, including excellent presentation skills.
- Good sense of humour and a can do attitude
- Conscientious and committed to driving change with a positive attitude and approach.
- Proactively manage the Marketing Team, coach and develop team members so they are fully engaged and supported.
- Motivate team members and foster open communication.
- Manage all training, 1-1s, team meetings, appraisals, reviews and personal development.
- Responsible for promoting and selling CMS marketing services to vendors, ensuring quarterly plans for all business units are created and executed through the team and managing vendor relationships.
- Consistently review results of marketing activities and campaigns to ensure all vendors achieve maximum ROI.
- Ensure an understanding of vendor performance is maintained and used as a tool within the vendor marketing planning meetings to maximise vendor MDF.
- Maintain a level of knowledge of vendor products/technologies and the market to be applied in vendor meetings, marketing plan creation and supporting the team.
- Marketing Development:
- Continually strive for creative and innovative ways to promote CMS and its partners through web, email, social media, video, PR, incentives, PPC campaigns that deliver quality and ROI.
- Ensure that marketing services are continually reviewed and developed and be aware of the service developments of competitors, to remain the vendors distributor of choice.
- Keep up-to-date with new marketing developments and continually implement new processes and techniques that improve marketing effectiveness and efficiencies, including: increasing traffic, improving conversation rates and generating more leads, effectively and at less cost.
- Take ownership of marketing department P&L ensuring self funding status is maintained.
- Working within allocated budgets to provide the best value and ROI from activities carried out for CMS and our technology partners.
- Responsible for vendor Market Development Funds (MDF); planning, reporting and forecasting.
Systems and Process:
- Ensure all processes are reviewed regularly for efficiencies and latest technology trends, focussing on replacing manual processes through automation.
- All process documentation to be kept up to date and regular training for team members to be provided.
- Support the Marketing Director with large projects and change initiatives such as implementing marketing automation platform, acquisitions etc.
Full JD on request
Interested candidates can send their Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org