The P1 NVMe SSD enables fast game loads and quick access to apps, files, and content
- Leverages NVMe™ PCIe® interface to deliver fast capacity for less
- Enhances everyday computing tasks via hybrid-dynamic write acceleration
- Available in 500GB and 1TB capacities1
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty2
Crucial, a leading consumer brand of Micron Technology for memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of the Crucial® P1 SSD, a PC storage device that leverages the NVMe™ PCIe® interface and Micron’s leading-edge QLC technology to deliver fast capacity for less. This is an expansion of Crucial’s award-winning portfolio of dependable, high-performing, and affordable SSDs.
The Crucial P1 SSD delivers category-leading, real-world performance. PCMark® 8 benchmarks show that the drive is capable of mixed-mode throughputs of up to 565MB/s, with a composite score of 5,084, which outperforms similar SSDs within the price category.3
With sequential read/write speeds up to 2,000/1,700 MB/s,4 the P1 provides unwavering performance via hybrid-dynamic write acceleration, a unique SLC cache implementation. The drive offers an MTTF of 1.8 million hours and an endurance of up to 200TB total bytes written, with power usage at an active average of 100mW.
Available in capacities up to 1TB, and backed by a five-year limited warranty, the Crucial P1 SSD leverages Micron quad-level cell (QLC) NAND technology. By storing four bits in each NAND cell, QLC NAND narrows the affordability gap between hard drives and flash storage, enabling increased speeds and capacities at a more affordable price point.
“We’ve been using Crucial SSDs in our gaming rigs for the past year and a half,” said Patrik Sattermon, Chief Gaming Officer at FNATIC. “The speeds the new P1 NVMe drive offers are impressive, and we look forward to accelerated boot ups and game loads. Plus, with some games now taking almost 100GB of space, the extra storage the new P1 SSD offers is most welcome. We’re excited to be installing these drives into our Team FNATIC systems.”
“We’ve been making SSDs for over a decade now, and we’ve watched computing habits change dramatically over that time,” said Teresa Kelley, VP & GM, Micron Consumer Products Group. “The need for more system speed and storage has never been more important than it is today. That’s why we’ve paid special attention to our customers’ real-world computing tasks and designed the Crucial P1 SSD to deliver all the performance, capacity, and features they need at an affordable price point.”
Easy installation and support
The Crucial SSD Install Guide provides easy-to-follow steps and videos for stress-free installation, and the Acronis® True Image™ HD software helps to migrate data quickly and easily. The Crucial Storage Executive software tool allows users to see how much storage (GB) they’ve used, download the latest firmware, and improve drive performance.
The P1 SSD offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- Data loss protection via the Multistep Data Integrity Algorithm
- Protection from overheating via Adaptive Thermal Monitoring tools
- Faster writes via Hybrid-Dynamic Write Acceleration technology
- Data protection at the component level via Redundant Array of Independent NAND
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, Crucial SSDs are designed and built with the same Micron quality and engineering innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies for 40 years. With thousands of hours of Micron pre-release validation, dozens of SSD qualification tests, and a heritage of award-winning SSDs, the Crucial P1 SSD is backed by a five-year limited warranty, and is available for immediate purchase at Crucial.com and through select global partners. For more information, visit crucial.com/ssd.
1. Some of the storage capacity is used for formatting and other purposes and is not available for data storage. 1GB equals 1 billion bytes.
2. Warranty valid for five years from the original date of purchase or before writing the maximum total bytes written (TBW) as published in the product datasheet and as measured in the product’s SMART data, whichever comes first.
3. Results based on PCMark® 8 Storage 2.0 benchmark testing from October 2018. Throughput and bandwidth measured using CrystalDiskMark, v6.0.1 Test System: Gigabyte™ GA-Z170X Ultra Gaming, Intel® Core™ i5, 32GB Ballistix® DRAM, Windows® 10 Pro x64. Results will vary on different computer systems and test conditions.
4. Typical I/O performance numbers as measured using CrystalDiskMark® with write cache enabled, a queue depth of 64 (QD = 8, Threads = 8). Fresh out-of-box (FOB) state is assumed. For performance measurement purposes, the SSD may be restored to FOB state using the secure erase command. System variations will affect measured results.