People Relations Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a People Relations Officer to be based in our Castleford office.
We are currently recruiting for a human resources professional who has a solid background in employment relations, particularly from having worked in a warehouse distribution work environment. The ideal candidate has a positive ‘can do’ attitude, is task driven and is detail orientated. They must be able to work as part of a team, although they will be remote to most of the team, and they must have the motivation to work on their own initiative to ensure that tasks are completed within timescales. Experience of creating and managing employment policies, managing long-term sickness cases, employee wellbeing and payroll are a must. There is occasional travel required with this role.
- BA/BSc degree, in human resources is desirable.
- Minimum A levels or equivalent, with experience of having worked in human resources.
- Minimum of 2 years HR Officer level experience, at least some of which will have been gained in a large scale professional organisation with a proactive and people centric approach to Human Resources.
- CIPD accredited
- Must be able to learn and grasp latest technology and innovation, including the use of social media.
- Ablility to speak another language (other than English) fluently, would be desirable. Ideally Dutch, French or Mandarin.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the administration of contracts and offer letters, ensuring accuracy.
- Promote content within the Employee Handbook to all employees, to ensure understanding.
- Support Managers with the Performance Management Process and follow up to ensure that plans are being actioned.
- Actively contribute to People Relations process improvements, to promote best practice and efficiency and ensure that the Company is complying to the latest employment legislation.
- Complete exit interviews and keep track of reoccurring trends.
- Absence Management
- Keep track of employment data using the human resources information system – Employee Central (Success Factors).
- Ensure employee files are kept up to date.
- Support Payroll process.
- Actively encourage Employees to avail of the Employee Assistance Program, and promote the benefits of wellbeing in the workplace.
- Support the People Development Manager with administering and monitoring learning development plans.
- Actively support and promote company values and culture document.
- Support the Employee On-boarding process, which includes Induction presentations.
- Submit fortnightly People Ops report, to capture an update of all open people cases and progress updates on projects.
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com