Role: People Relations Specialist
CMS Distribution is a value-added IT distributor of business and consumer technology products. We create global markets for our 150+ manufacturers selling to corporate resellers, managed service providers, high street and online retailers.
Our 354 people help our customers grow their business from twelve locations in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, France, Australia, China and the US.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate People Relations Specialist to join our Global People Relations team. The ideal candidate is curious, has a growth mindset, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, excellent communication skills and is highly task driven.
We are looking for a team player with experience of employee relations, absence management, and payroll. This role can be based in our Harrogate office, but will include travel regularly to our other sites, with some overnight stays. An understanding of UK employment law is a must, with some knowledge of either Dutch, French, Swedish, Irish and/ or US employment law being desirable.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BSc degree, in human resources, psychology or business.
- Minimum A levels or equivalent, with experience of having worked in human resources for a minimum of 2 years at HR Advisor level.
- Must understand Agile HR.
- CIPD accredited or working towards an accreditation.
- Must be able to learn and grasp latest technology and innovation, including the use of social media.
- Ability to speak another language (other than English) fluently, would be desirable. Ideally Dutch, French, Swedish or Mandarin
- Support the administration of contracts and offer letters, ensuring accuracy.
- Promote content within the Employee Handbook to all employees, to ensure understanding.
- Support Managers with the Performance Management Process and follow up to ensure that plans are being actioned.
- Actively contribute to People Relations process improvements, to promote best practice and efficiency and ensure that the Company is complying to the latest employment legislation.
- Complete exit interviews and keep track of re-occurring trends.
- Absence Management
- Keep track of employment data using the human resources information system – Employee Central (Success Factors).
- Ensure employee files are kept up to date.
- Support Payroll process.
- Actively encourage Employees to avail of the Employee Assistance Program, and promote the benefits of well-being in the workplace.
- Support the People Development Manager with administering and monitoring learning development plans.
- Actively support and promote company values and culture document.
- Support the Employee On-boarding process, which includes Induction presentations.
- Submit fortnightly People Ops report, to capture an update of all open people cases and progress updates on projects.
- Carry out research when required.