Protects web properties and enforces the security and privacy of web applications
Web-based solutions are being widely implemented for nearly every aspect of business applications which has led to an increase in the number of apps and content attacks. Symantec Web Application Firewall is built on the industry-leading ProxySG platform by securing and accelerating web applications. Protect your customers website from the OWASP Top 10. Block known attack patterns with signature-based engines and use the most advanced signatureless content nature detection engines to detect obfuscation and block new attacks.
Key Features and Benefits
Protects Web Servers
- Advanced next generation protection engines target all security risks including the OWASP Top 10 vulnerability concerns. Protection is provided through advanced signature-less engines. Examples of available security include protection around code injection, HTML injection, directory traversal, command injection, JSON validation, SQL injection and cross site scripting. In addition, signature-based engines can be used for blocking known attack patterns.
- Securely isolates general-purpose servers from direct access.
- Built on SGOS, a secure object-based operating system specifically designed to handle web content. The Web Application Firewall is built on the ProxySG platform, which is FIPS 140-2 certified, plus Common Criteria EAL2 certified (3 major SGOS versions).
- Controls user access with robust authentication and policy rules.
- Intelligent OS distinguishes between valid and malicious connections to service legitimate users while resisting DoS attacks.
Accelerates Web Content
- Optimised TCP stack rapidly serves large amounts of static and dynamic web content.
- Intelligent cache allows 60-90% of an application’s web objects to be cached and served directly to users.
- HTTP compression reduces required bandwidth, conserves CPU resources, and delivers previously compressed pages faster.
- Hardware-assisted SSL/TLS processing of key negotiations.
- Streaming proxies provide stream splitting and caching of video on demand to deliver high-performance streams to thousands of simultaneous users.
- “Set and forget” proxy appliance is easy to deploy and manage.
- Integrated appliance eliminates need to install applications or OS patches.
- Scalable solution reduces number of web servers required.
- Intuitive graphical interface simplifies policy rule creation and management.
- Comprehensive logging and reporting provide visibility into web usage patterns and security issues.
- Offloads IT web infrastructure, while adding control, protection, and performance to existing applications.
- Deployable as on-premise or virtual appliances, and with virtual appliances in Amazon Web Services (AWS)