SAP SD Business Analyst
CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a SAP SD BA to be based in either our Harrogate or London Office.
Purpose of this Role
CMS is a fast moving, ever evolving business in a period of growth through acquisitions. The Business Analyst is a hybrid role which would involve project managing the full improvement lifecycle of smaller projects and change requests. This role would be a crucial part of larger company wide projects,supporting other project leads and in all cases undertake testing and working with business super users to train and roll out system and process updates.
- Prepared to travel to other CMS Sites
- Min 3 years experience as Business Process Analyst ideally within the distribution industry
- ITIL Qualification desirable
- Experience of lean process improvement and both Agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience of end-to-end development project management and the running and delivering of change programmes
- In-depth knowledge of the Q2C process
- SAP SD knowledge highly desirable
- Patience, determination and acuity to ensure accurate interpretation, documentation and validation of user processes
- Ability to summarise, be succinct and in control of meetings and calls
- ITIL Qualification desirable
- Proven ‘Out of the Box’ thinker.
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Visio desirable
- Highly organised and committed to outstanding customer service
- Able to engage with multiple management levels across technical and business users
- Able to build trust through open and honest communications, not afraid to challenge
- Proven ability to spot opportunities for operational performance improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with process owners to identify business process improvement opportunities
- Analyse, record and maintain status of change tickets and projects on the IT helpdesk.
- Organise and run workshops to gather detailed business, data and BI requirements.
- Translate user requirements into functional specifications
- Manage spec approval and sign off by the business users
- Liaise with SAP teams (internal and external) to provide agreed deliverables
- Provide workflow and procedural documentation
- Undertake low level config as knowledge and experience permits
- Manage the integrity of the solution being delivered as fit for purpose
- Manage and report to business on change projects throughout their life cycle
- Define functional tests with expected results and undertake first stage acceptance testing
- Manage change sign off by the business as ready for transportation to live systems
- Contribute to the teams Knowledge Management and Wiki system
- Provide advice and guidence to the business on SAP SD
- Maintain and contribute to the department and company wide policies and procedures
- Adhere to company governance policies and departmental procedures in line with ITIL standards
Full JD on request
Candidates who are interested in applying for the SAP SD Business Analyst role can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org