CMS Distribution is Europe’s leading technology distributor, selling to over 3,000 business to business and business to consumer reseller partners. CMS employs 350 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. We are currently recruiting for a Software Product Specialist to be based in our London Office.
The Software Product Sales Manager will own the day to day vendor relationship for a specific vendor/s and will work closely with the group manager in cultivating and improving our relationship with existing Vendors, including agreeing and implementing quarterly business plans that provide a platform for sales to achieve revenue and margin growth targets. The successful candidate must have experience in Software, must have a strong understanding of product management processes and have the ability to grasp and clearly communicate sales concepts. The Product Sales Manager must build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to bridge the gap between product management, sales and marketing teams in order to execute successful new product introductions. A key part of the role will be to present to our existing and potential clients on the vendor products and processes – enablement of these clients will be imperative to the success of this individual and the vendor sales. Ideally Product/Vendor Management experience either at vendor, reseller or distributor. Good understanding of the Tech sector is critical.
- Undergraduate degree strong desired
- 3-5 years in product management in Software or a related industry
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Software markets and concepts
- Excellent written skills and excellent ability to communicate.
- Ability to present in front of large audiences
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of different functional areas: operations, marketing, sales, support, etc.
- Proactive work style; ability to take initiative and work well within a busy vibrant sales environment.
- Ability to work within designated timelines is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Vendor Specialist – Full understanding of products, processes and strategy (Not technical)
- Drive new product launches and development for the product lines in collaboration with marketing, sales, vendor and support
- Engage with customers and partners, identify and understand new requirements and create process documents when needed
- Act as a representative and an evangelist for the product line at the trade shows, online webinars and other publicly facing functions
- Build and deliver on strategic business plans with vendor – delivering against pre-agreed KPIs on a quarterly basis
- Weekly forecasting on pipeline of business generated in collaboration with Sales Identify, Enable, Develop & Build new customers
- Deliver against set vendor quarterly objectives as the owner for the business
Interested candidates can submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org