Systems Interface Analyst
CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Interface Analyst to be based in our Harrogate Office.
Why work for CMS Distribution?
As a well-established but growing and successful Company, CMS Distribution is the perfect place to build your career. As a multicultural organisation, we embrace our diverse workforce and are a true believer in equal opportunities for all. We have various social functions during the year which is the perfect opportunity to get to know your colleagues, having fun and building the morale of our teams. People are our assets and we are constantly encouraging our employees to grow and succeed in their careers. We invest in our people and they invest in us.
Purpose of this Role
CMS is a fast moving, multinational business growing at an exceptional speed through acquisitions. Due to this growth there has come an increasing need for automation and digital transformation projects.
This Systems Interface Analyst role will be crucial to our future success as an efficiently running organisation at the forefront of technology. It will help us keep up with the demand for electronic trading with our customers, vendors and 3rd Party Logistics providers; for the plethora of interfaces needed between our SAP ERP system and trading marketplaces such as Ebay, Amazon Marketplace; and for vendor cart sites and our own webstore, helpdesks and self-service portals.
- ITIL Qualification desirable
- Min 2 years experience as an Interface Analyst ideally within the distribution industry
- Experience of interfacing with any of Linnworks, Freshdesk, Magento, Hybris, Netweaver, Marqueto is highly desirable
- Experience of end-to-end development project management and the running and delivering of change programmes
- In-depth knowledge of various interface technologies (e.g. Web services, API, EDI, FlatFile, XML etc)
- Understanding of business messages such as purchase orders, despatch notifications, billing, status updates
- Proven experience of webservice and API delivery
- General Sales & Distribution (SD) process knowledge essential, SAP SD knowledge highly desirable
- Patience, determination and acuity to ensure accurate interpretation, documentation and validation of user requirements
- Highly logical. Methodical. Meticulous.
- Highly organised and committed to outstanding customer service
- Able to engage with multiple stakeholder levels across technical and business users
- Willing to travel to CMS Sites globally
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of any request for new or changes to existing interfaces and treat as a project
- Analyse, record and maintain status of each project on IT Helpdesk and Project repositories
- Initiate, maintain, manage and communicate the project and milestone plans
- Schedule and run sessions to gather detailed requirements from internal and external customers and their agencies
- Translate user requirements into functional specifications and mapping documents
- Manage spec approval and sign off by appropriate stakeholders
- Liaise with the interface development teams and ensure full understanding of requirements
- Provide advice on interface options to the business
- Own and manage the integrity of the solution being delivered as fit for purpose
- Manage and report to business on change projects throughout their life cycle
- Coordinate testing against expected results and undertake first stage acceptance testing
- Manage the roll out to business users. Organise & facilitate UAT
- Manage change sign off by the business as ready for transportation to live systems
- Contribute to the teams Knowledge Management and Wiki system
- Maintain and contribute to the department and company wide policies and procedures
- Adhere to company governance policies and departmental procedures in line with ITIL standards
Interested candidates who would like to apply for the Systems Network Analyst role can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org