Technical Sales Graduate
CMS Distribution is Europe’s leading technology distributor, selling to over 3,000 business to business and business to consumer reseller partners. CMS employs 350 people across 12 locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pre/Post Sales Technical Support Graduate to be based in our Harrogate Office.
Pre and Post Sales Technical Support to the sales teams, key resellers and end-users. The development of high-end enterprise storage knowledge, and the ownership and continuous improvement of key technical areas as defined by the Technical Manager.
- Degree level qualification or relevant IT Professional qualifications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pre & Post Sales – Answering sales teams questions on product selection, configuration and compatibility issues, together with solution design questions are requested.
- Pre & Post Sales Helpdesk – Answering customer queries and technical faults at a first line level quickly and efficiently on a variety of brands for both End-Users and Reseller customers. Ownership of Implementation, Service Desk data. Consistency and continuous improvement tasks.
- Solution Build / Product Testing – To take an active involvement in the building, integration and configuration of hardware solutions with the Assembly Team where necessary. To constantly achieve a build service of high quality, efficiency and accuracy. To provide SOP documentation to the Assembly Team where needed.
- Vendor liaison – liaise with vendors on customer issues and maintain knowledge base on key product issues and workarounds.
- Product Testing and returns procedures – Ensuring these tasks are carried out with adherence to the department procedures and are fully recorded in the relevant documentation.
- Other Reasonable Technical Activities – Any other technical activities asked of the department and of the Technical Support Analyst during the course of the primary role responsibilities.
- Stortrec Management – Management of spares, accruals, negotiating discounts with Vendors to get discounts and spares required to support our Stortrec contracts
- Training – train new starters in the basics of network storage, terminology and features.
- Ensure sufficient level of product knowledge to participate in customer conference calls to a high level
- Make recommendations across the CMS product portfolio
- Request and distribute knowledge across the sales teams where required.
- Create and distribute component compatibility documentation that can be used by the sales team to create quotations and BOMs solutions.
- QA any build solutions passed to the Technical Department for checking prior to quotation.
- Support to Category Management on product selection and strategy as requested.
Post Sales Service Desk
- Work as part of the service desk function in the answering of calls and the accurate logging of faults and resolutions at the point of each call. Capturing all data to the requirements of the minimum data set.
- Part of the Service Desk responsibilities will also be the development, quality and
- accuracy of the data within the service desk. To ensure all Service requests both internal and external are in correct statuses and up to date.
- Ensure All contracts and services are correct and present within service desk according to the minimum data-set. Suggest, recommend and implement ongoing improvements to the Service Desk system as guided by the teams Continuous improvement tasks.
- Product Development / Product Training
- Suggest improvements, and to report issues with hardware/software in product development through the use of high quality consistent documentation in accordance with project management guidelines and technical criteria.
- Participate in a company wide technical training program for Internal Staff across the business to raise both technical awareness and technical competencies. To deliver training sessions as defined by the Technical Manager.
- Product Testing Definitions and Returns Processes
- Coordinate warranty claims with the Castleford Returns Manager.
- Ensure HDD & Miscellaneous warranty component claims are handled promptly.
- Ensure chassis warranty requests are handled promptly and identify any potential issues which need to be raised with the Technical Manager.
- Identify any know issues with compatibility and ensure this is documented,
- Work with the Returns Manager to ensure customers are kept informed on any timescales issues (e.g. lack of returns stock).
- Work within the technical department’s continual improvement guidelines and implement constructive changes to the testing process to increase speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring the Returns Manager has a clearly defined set of procedures and guidelines for product testing and QA at all times where appropriate.
Full JD on request
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com