CMS Distribution Ltd – COVID-19 – Business Continuity Statement
As COVID-19 continues to spread globally, we are not only monitoring the most recent advice and guidance carefully but also working to ensure we have the right measures in place to support our employees, customers and vendors.
We are committed to supporting your business with the same level of service that we provide. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with updates as and when appropriate. If you have further questions not covered in the information below, please contact your CMS Distribution representative.
COVID-19 – Current situation
- We have no reported positive cases of COVID-19 at our Global offices amongst our people, including our office in China.
Key Actions & Measures in place
- Monitoring: We are monitoring the situation daily for the safety of our people and customers.
- Business continuity: Our Business Continuity team is continually reviewing and monitoring the situation, providing direction and communications on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- Measures in place: The COVID-19 measures we have implemented are consistent with the advice from the Department of Health. Our Warehouse site is operating with additional health and safety measures in place. These include but are not limited to:
- Hourly hand washing on every site
- Workplace communication channels have been bolstered to ensure open and continuous communications with our staff and clients globally
- We have global and local plans in place to ensure service continuity
- Where practical we are maintaining segregation of key resources and teams through shift patterns and social distancing
- Enhanced hourly site cleaning
- Separation of delivery/collection drivers and CMS resources
- Strict site entry and exit controls
- Regular dialogue with our freight and parcel partners reviewing contingency measures
- Additional measures available to support all employees:
- Internal COVID-19 virus awareness training issued to all employees
- Internal communications to our people to update them of the latest advice and guidance
- We have established a Business Continuity team focused on monitoring and dealing with COVID-19 as it continues to develop
- Employee Assistance Programme is available to support employee well-being, and how to use the service has been communicated to all staff
Key Information for Clients & Suppliers
- For the latest updates on any planned events or training with us, please contact your account manager to discuss alternative arrangements
Visiting CMS Sites
- As a Client or supplier, we respectfully ask that you contact your account manager before deciding to visit any of our premises
- For assistance in contacting our teams, please refer to our contact page:https://www.cmsdistribution.com/contact/
- Following local Government recommendations, we have re-opened offices in London, Harrogate, Kiltimagh, Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris with staff returning on a voluntary basis, into a strict social distancing controlled and safe environment. Significant measures have been put in place to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout all offices. All staff working from home and CMS offices has full access to our Customer Support Systems
- COVID-19 risk assessments have been completed on every site and sent out to all employees, as well as associated training to ensure everyone understands how to keep themselves and others safe when returning to a CMS site
- CMS is COVID-secure in the UK offices achieving steps set by the UK government
- Our Castleford warehouse continues to operate in shifts with additional health and safety measures in place. Furthermore, in response to the supply chain needs critical to the COVID-19 response, we will continue to operate under stringent measures in compliance to government social distancing and hygiene recommendations
- Staff working from home continues to be effective and working well
- We do already have staff who work remotely and therefore have remote working practices and tools in place
- Although offices have now re-opened, we request that all meetings are done via Zoom or other such conference call facilities until further notice
- In the eventuality of any disruption, or further government guidance requiring further working from home, our colleagues will be able to maintain contact and service with you remotely using industry-standard applications we already have in place including Soft Phone, Zoom and Skype for Business
CMS continue to review the situation on a daily basis to ensure that we are able to provide the most up to date guidance to our employees and that we can continue to provide a great service to our customers.
Please check back with us regularly for the latest updates as we are continually monitoring and adapting to the evolving situation
If we can customise our service to you in these difficult times, please do get in touch with us and we would be happy to discuss your business needs.
Last Updated: 22nd December 2020