It is the policy of CMS Distribution Ltd to do all its business in a way as to lessen or eliminate any adverse effect on the environment.
To achieve this, the company will:
- Calculate our scope 1-3 carbon emissions across all our global offices and measure our GHG impact on a global scale.
- All data is validated by a 3rd party to avoid bias and ensure transparency. This will enable us to make a significant step toward our decarbonization goals and set accurate ‘Net Zero’ carbon reduction targets.
- Implement best practices on environmental practices across our day-to-day operations.
- Use material from sustainable sources and work to reduce excess packaging and waste within the warehouse and CMS offices
- Reduce our use of single-use plastics in our offices and across our supply chains by working to educate vendors on this impact.
- Use registered waste disposal companies for the removal of all waste streams in compliance with the waste hierarchy.
- With a particular focus on our UK offices, we are implementing LED lighting and are aiming to switch to renewable energy options as sites come to the end of their contract term.
- In any directly owned buildings, CMS is investigating the options of installing Solar Panels.
- Educate and inform our employees on environmental issues that may affect their work and promote environmental awareness among our employees.
- Consider all circular economy principles that we can encourage in production and consumption, this involves leasing, reusing, repairing, refurbishing, and recycling existing materials and products for as long as possible.
- Respect and engage with clients' policies aimed at a better environment.
CEO, Frank Salmon
CMS Distribution Ltd.