Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Their goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Responsive and flexible data management is a crucial challenge for today’s users. Home users and businesses alike must find ways to harness the ever increasing data and to use it efficiently. Synology is committed to develop NAS solutions for efficient and easy data management. Taking innovation as the key drive, Synology NAS solutions encompass complete product lines of storage hardware, the software operating system and a diverse array of services and applications.
In partnership with StorTrec, our Synology customers have access to extended cover to ensure business continuity – starting at less than £100 per year. To meet the challenges of enterprise environments, the service provided by StorTrec provides telephone technical support, 24x7x365 on-site support services and hardware replacement covering all parts of the Synology solution. To find out more about the Bronze, Silver, and Gold packages available speak to your CMS Account Manager.
Harness The Cloud, Keep Control Of Your Data with Synology
Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) products are designed to be efficient servers that make storage less expensive, more accessible, and easier to manage than any other product. Because you retain control of the storage, there’s no concerns of sensitive data being swept up in a data breach at a major cloud service, and you don’t have to worry about the monthly, user count, or transaction fees associated with cloud services.
With free add-on packages, you can import your data that is stored with a cloud storage provider and easily import it to your Synology NAS. Whether its your important notes taken with Evernote, or the documents in your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive account, there’s a way to transition away from, or mix the benefits of, cloud storage with your NAS.
Award-Winning and Intuitive Interface
Each Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS) system includes the award-winning user interface known as DiskStation Manager (DSM), making it easy to integrate into your small home office, or throughout a nationwide chain of offices and stores.
Features that make a Difference
The intuitive nature of DiskStation Manager (DSM) coupled with excellent documentation and support means less time training staff, and more time focusing on growing your business.
Today, a five-bay Synology NAS can accommodate as much as 40TB of raw storage using 8TB disks, or 120TB of data with two five-bay expansion chassis attached. Meaning your organization can store over 12,000 DVD9 worth of content in one central location.
Whether you’re a small business or a medium enterprise, a Synology NAS can support up to 100,000 user accounts when joined to an ADS domain, easily accommodating larger organizations and giving smaller ones room to grow. With business-class models as much as 2,048 to 16,000 local user accounts, and 512 to 1,024 concurrent file transfers are supported depending on the model. The User Home feature will automatically provide a privatised folder for every user which are a great target for workstation backups.
Believing the true value of a NAS server lies in its software, Synology is dedicated to offer businesses and individuals strong support to solve the issues that they value most. Some of the most significant features include:
- Multitasking web-desktop: Facilitate administration efficiency with multitasking and a suite of desktop tools.
- Web installation: Fast, hassle-free and disk-free installation that can be performed on computer and mobile devices.
- Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR): Instant and straightforward storage optimisation tool.
- Synology High Availability (SHA): Construct failover cluster to maintain mission critical tasks function normally without disrupting business operation.Much attention is invested in building a reliable NAS server. Synology focuses to deliver servers that offer continuous service uptime, large storage and efficient energy usage
- Extending system continuity: CPU passive cooling & system fan failover design extend system uptime.
- Airflow enhancement: Airflow efficiency is enhanced to reduce power consumption, increase server stability, and reduce noise level caused by fan spin.
- Scalability: Scale-up design delivers efficient management in a unified system structure.
- Smart energy management: Saving over 90% of power consumption in system hibernation and quickly resume in full operation when required.
CMS Distribution are an authorised Synology partner in the UK and Ireland, supporting our reseller partners with distribution, business and technical services.