People Relations Officer
Location: London ( with travel to France)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a French speaking People Relations Specialist to support our People Strategy for our French Office. This role is based from our London office, but will travel regularly to our Paris office, with overnight stays.
We are looking for a solution focused human resources professional to join our Global People Operations team. The core component of this role is to support our French Operation, but with occasional company-wide support too.
The ideal candidate is curious, has a growth mindset, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, excellent communication skills and is highly task driven. We are looking for a team player with experience of providing HR advisory support. We are looking for an individual who has self-confidence and an innate need to create goodwill within others. The role requires someone who actively influences, persuades and motivates people in a confident and inspirational manner. The candidate should be a strong communicator, positive, participative, enthusiastic, optimistic, accommodating, energetic, verbal, active and capable of creating good relationships.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent, in human resources, psychology, business, change management or other relevant field.
- Experience of having worked in human resources for a minimum of 3 years at HR Officer level or above.
- Must understand Agile HR work practices.
- Fluent French Speaker.
- Strong generalist French HR experience, with proficiency in UK employment law and HR best practice.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to influence people at all levels.
- Creative, flexible, with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in all MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ideally experience working with Success Factors.
- Excellent planning and organising approach, with the ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities and attention to details.
- Evidences a collaborative approach and the ability to work well with a broad group of colleagues.
- Highly motivated, deadline focused with the ability to consistently maintain high level of accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the People Relations team to provide end to end employee lifecycle support services for the French office.
- Provide a proactive and effective People Operations service to all stakeholders and employees.
- Understand People strategy and plans and provide input and guidance on any potential cultural differences for French teams, opportunities and challenges.
- Proactively ensure that H&S legal requirements are met, among which occupational health visits, periodic security checks and trainings, security register, etc.
- Proactively manage French employee relations cases, absence and welfare issues. Coach managers to ensure best practice, adherence to legislation requirements and CMS policies.
- Act as local lead for French recruitment and selection activities, working closely with People Operations team and (Central) Talent Acquisition team to contribute to a professional and efficient recruitment process. Conduct inductions for non-English speakers.
- Manage required administration, policies, procedures and communication for the employee lifecycle, to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of all People Operations Systems and records and in line with Data Protection.
- Work to support our performance management processes for the French site, working with managers to empower them in ensuring that all requirements and timescales for objective setting, quarterly reviews are met, and local training needs are identified and managed.
- Support the Payroll function in the co-ordination of local pay, employer’s contributions and benefits activities. May lead on specific projects or benefits co-ordination.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting including headcount / budget tracking, analysis and planning for approval by the Chief People Officer to ensure accurate and timely submissions.
- Lead in all required activities for employee representative and other regulatory bodies.
- Initiate and implement local projects to improve efficiency, local practices and enhance customer service.
- Work with People Operations as required to deliver initiatives including (but not limited to) local organisation structures that are aligned with business goals, including job levelling and input into competency frameworks.
- Other Ad hoc responsibilities as required.
Interested candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org