Head of Digital Marketing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Digital Marketing to join our vibrant marketing team to be based in either our Harrogate or London Office.
Purpose of the role
Leading the newly created Digital Marketing function, this role is responsible for setting, implementing, and managing the digital marketing vision, strategy and plan, with a digital-first marketing approach to drive greater engagement with vendors, resellers and customers. As our Head of Digital Marketing, you will be driving Digital transformation at CMS to accelerate growth, engagement, and retention across all digital platforms, both paid & organic channels to create a unique proposition and competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing specialism across SEM, social, email, display, affiliates, marketplaces
- Extensive experience of influencing senior stakeholders and proven ability to drive change
- Resourceful self-starter with experience in digital marketing and energy for proactive ideas.
- Proven ability to forecast and drive business opportunities
- Proven experience of vendor and client management in a demanding environment
- Strong commercial focus to generate returns, growth and focus on accountability
- Extensive understanding of marketing platforms and tooling to execute digital marketing at pace and efficiency
- Experienced leader of people to drive talent development
- Flexibility towards some UK&I travel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and lead our digital marketing vision & strategy and build a strong set of capabilities that deliver upon the set strategic objectives and commercial targets.
- Develop and implement our digital sales & marketing strategies to increase revenue and profit through more effective and targeted marketing such as SEO, Social, data analytics, CRM display, email, Affiliates and marketplaces.
- Own our marketing automation strategy, working with sales, channel marketing, eCommerce and product teams to identity opportunities for revenue growth.
- Develop and maintain marketing reporting to provide insight into effectiveness of digital marketing activities including performance tracking.
- Identify current and future trends to ensure that the CMS digital marketing strategy is up to date with the latest innovations, technologies, changes in competition, and shifts in the digital landscape.
- Responsible for the development of digital marketing practices, processes, and capabilities.
- Align closely with channel marketing to support new marketing capabilities for vendor collaboration and growth acceleration.
- Accountable for delivering returns from digital marketing spend to generate greater sales and profitability
- Delivery of performance accelerators:
- Accelerate performance of current digital marketing activities
- Increase awareness of our brand and enquiries to our sales teams
- Increase number of current vendors trading on our eCommerce platform
- Attracting new vendor enquiries to CMS via digital channels
- Increase number of customers trading on our digital platforms
- Drive additional vendor funded marketing through a new wider Digital marketing offer (creation of email, Paid, social, affiliates, Display, onsite merchandising)
- Drive greater sales growth for CMS through Digital marketing techniques to acquire, develop and retain B2B customers and markets
Full JD on Request
Interested candidates can send through their CV to email@example.com